Monday, September 26, 2011

You got new legs... new legs!...

As mentioned in my previous post, my dress fitting is on Saturday. And every day this week is like a "last chance workout". Yesterday, I walked the dogs for an hour, but other than that I forced myself to just lay low and not workout. Today, I ran for 45 minutes and did an hour long bootcamp style HIIT class. (High Intensity Interval Training). I've been really into to the classes at my gym the past few weeks because most of them incorporate resistance/weight training which I am incapable of doing on my own.

I've always kind of believed that focusing on cardio would make me skinnier in less time, but I am realizing now how much better of a calorie burn you get from incorporating weights. (this may seem like a no brainer to most of yall, but I guess I thought that if I built muscle, it would just push the fat our further :)). Also, while my weight hasnt dropped drastically, the last two weeks has been somewhat transformational. Today in my class, I realized how good my legs are looking... I've always had relatively lean legs, but now they are starting to look like they belong to someone who is really fit.

This is my fiancee, Susan...
PS - when searching for this image, I came across a band callen Lt. Dan's New Legs... and instantly laughed. You would assume this would be a group made up of snarky hipsters, but if you go to the site you will find something a little different.

In terms of diet, I am cutting out all sugar this week. Well, I am going to TRY to cut out all sugar. As soon as I made this decision, I realized how much sugar is in a lot of the "healthy" things that I eat: ie greek yogurt and granola bars. And to compensate for the no sugar, I went ahead and got a scoop of mac n cheese from Whole Foods for lunch.
380 calories/cup. Worth every bite.

To top it off, I am doing the Jillian Michaels at home detox. 
60 ounces of distilled water a day mixed with:
a bag of dandelion tea
1 tablespoon 100% cranberry - no sugar added
2 tablespoons lemon water

I'll keep y'all updated on my FINAL WEIGH IN! Jillian, please don't yell at me.

Love,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Ummm did you see the band's (LDNL) has CUSTOM CLOTHES available for purchase? That is obviously what I'm getting you for your wedding, matching outfits...http://www.ldnl.net/customclothes.cfm#

    ReplyDelete